An international student who is already enrolled at a UK institution and has received official confirmation of enrollment can apply for a UK visa. The institution must be on the official register. To obtain a student visa to the UK, the student must be over the age of 16.
Under the new Student Route Points-based System, a foreigner must score 70 points on the following three criteria to qualify for a student visa:
- enrollment in a British institution — 50 points;
- proof of financial solvency — 10 points;
- English language skills — 10 points.
Details for international students can be found on the UKSICA (UK Council for International Student Affairs) website.
All documents that are not in English must be translated into English and notarized.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of application;
- Official Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS);
- Proof of financial solvency: a bank statement from the student or his/her sponsor/parents confirming the availability of funds to live in the UK for 9 months (at the rate of USD 1561 per month for studying in London or USD 1408 per month for studying in another city).
For more information about financial guarantees, please visit the official UK government website;
- Written agreement from the sponsor/parents to finance the student (if the student is not paying for the studies themselves);
- A certificate of employment from the sponsor/parents stating the position and salary, if the student is not paying for his/her own studies;
- Consular fee receipt;
- Medical fee payment receipt (the cost can be viewed on the medical calculator;
- Language certificate proving English language proficiency at a minimum level of B2 (IELTS UKVI);
- ATAS certificate for students enrolled in some graduate programs;
- TB test results.
- birth certificate;
- parental consent for the child’s residence and education abroad.
You will need to pay approximately $600 for a long-term student visa (Student Visa) and $250 for Short-term Study Visa.
More details about the visa costs can be found on the official UK government website.
The standard processing period for a UK student visa is 3 weeks.
You need to apply 6 months before the start of your studies in the United Kingdom. To apply, you need to register on the official government website by selecting the visa you need. Here you also need to fill in the application form, apply for a visa and make an appointment to apply at a British visa application center.
In Russia, visa centers are located in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Rostov-on-Don. Maps
You need to come to the center with all the documents at the specified time. In addition to submitting documents, when visiting the visa application center, students submit biometric data and may also be interviewed.