All visa application documents must be submitted with a translation into Hungarian. A document in a language other than Hungarian will only be accepted with a certified Hungarian translation.
- The questionnaire for Hungarian D visa must be completed in English in block letters without omissions and signed personally by the applicant (in two places);
- 2 recent 3,5 x 4.5 cm color photographs, taken no more than 6 months ago;
- A passport with at least 2 empty pages, expiring no earlier than 3 months after the end of the requested period of stay;
- A copy of the passport;
- Confirmation of invitation/admission to the institution of higher education of your choice;
- Documents proving your residence in Hungary;
- Documents proving the availability of accommodation for the requested period of stay (grant, bank statement or guarantee);
- A medical certificate stating that the student is free from diseases that may have serious public health implications;
- Health insurance for at least 1 year with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros per case of illness.
- Upon request, documents confirming departure from the country at the end of the residence permit (purchased air ticket or availability of financial means).
Up-to-date information about the visa to Hungary is available on the embassy website.