International students must provide proof that they have sufficient finances to pay for all their needs for the duration of their studies.
Examples of proof:
- A grant or scholarship;
- An income of €666 or more per month;
- A bank statement.
- Written confirmation of invitation/admission from the college or university of your choice.
- A high school diploma, bachelor’s or master’s degree, and a transcript of grades;
- Proof of scholarship eligibility or proof of independent financial support.
- Health insurance for at least 1 year with a minimum coverage of 45,000 euros per illness.
- A certificate of no criminal record issued no earlier than 3 months prior to your arrival (legalization or apostille).
- Birth certificate.
- Copy of ID.
- Copy of passport.
- Two 3,5 x 4.5 cm photographs.
- A copy of your student housing lease (if you already have one) or proof of ability to pay rent.
- Airline reservations, if applicable.
In Belgium, you must register with the local authorities in your place of residence within eight days of arrival in order to obtain a residence permit.
- passport and visa;
- 2 photos;
- certificate of enrollment in the university;
- health insurance;
- a copy of your student housing rental agreement (if you already have one) or proof of your ability to pay the rent.
Visit the Embassy’s website for up-to-date information on Belgian visas.