Student visa to Germany
Apostilles of documents are provided in German.
List of documents
- 2 national visa applications completed in German and signed by hand, including the declarations according to § 53, 54 of the Residence Act of the Federal Republic of Germany;
- 3 recent 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm photographs taken no earlier than 6 months before the date of application;
- A valid passport with the applicant’s signature + two copies of the passport page with personal data. At the time of visa issuance, the passport must be valid for at least 9 months and have at least two empty pages;
- Decision on admission to a higher education institution or pre-university training college in two copies;
If applicable to the situation, proof of admission to a preparatory language course with a load of at least 18 academic hours per week or proof of preparatory internship in two copies;
- The most recent educational document (certificate or diploma) obtained.
- Certificate from your last or current place of employment, if you are working at the time of visa application;
- Curriculum vitae, in tabular form, without gaps between time intervals, with full address and contact information, with 2 copies. If the resume is not in German, a German translation is required;
- A signed letter of motivation in 2 copies. The essay can be written in English if the studies in Germany will be conducted in English;
- Language certificate (for German: Goethe Institut, TestDaf, DSH, ÖSD, Telc; for English: IELTS, TOEFL), one original and two copies;
- Documents confirming the availability of financial resources:
— Proof of means of subsistence with 2 copies for the entire period of stay in the amount of 1027 euros per month;
— For applicants seeking a visa for vocational training: proof of funds in a German bank account in the amount of at least 6162 euros.
— For applicants: proof of a minimum of 9243 Euros in a German bank account.
- Proof of scholarship (Stipendienzusage, Stipendienurkunde) in original and two copies;
- An official declaration of acceptance of an undertaking/guarantee (behördliche Verpflichtungserklärung) in accordance with §§ 66-68 of the German Residence Act. The application must have been issued no earlier than 6 months ago at the time of application, it must state the purpose of the stay as «seeking a place of vocational training» or «applicant» and it must confirm the solvency of the person making the commitment. This document is issued by Ausländerbehörde in Germany.
Additional documents for minor students
- Notarized consent of the parents (guardians) to the unaccompanied travel abroad and to the long-term stay of the child in Germany with 2 copies.
- Notarized confirmation of the person to whom the exercise of parental (custodial) rights in Germany is entrusted, with a German translation and 2 copies, as well as 2 copies of the passport of the person to whom the exercise of parental (custodial) rights in Germany is entrusted.
- The birth certificate of the applicant with a German translation and 2 copies.