Student visa to Switzerland

Student visa documents are accepted by the Swiss Embassy. The personal presence of the applicant is mandatory. If your documents are not in Swiss (German, French, Italian) or English, they must be translated into one of these languages.

List of documents
  1. A passport issued within the last 10 years with at least 2 blank pages;
  2. Original and 2 copies of passport;
  3. 4 identical recent color photographs measuring 3.5 by 4.5 cm;
  4. 3 national visa application forms (type D) completed in German, French and Italian or English and signed by the applicant; 
    For minors, parents or guardians must sign the application form and attach a copy of their passport;
  5. Written confirmation of invitation from the university of your choice. Original and 2 copies;
  6. Transcripts, diplomas and certificates along with English/German translation of 2 copies each;
  7. A letter of motivation stating the purpose of study, signed and dated by the applicant. Original and 2 copies;
  8. A written, dated and signed statement confirming that the applicant will leave Switzerland after his/her studies (may be handwritten, 2 originals);
  9. Proof of tuition fees at a Swiss university or proof of fee waiver, e.g. if the applicant is entitled to a scholarship. Original and 2 copies;
  10. Curriculum Vitae/CV. Original and 2 copies;
  11.  Proof of financial means, bank statements or bank certificates of the student or parents to prove sufficient financial means to cover the costs of studying in Switzerland. Original and 2 copies;
    If sponsored, a signed and dated notarized letter of sponsorship must be submitted along with a copy of the sponsor’s passport (only pages with photo, personal information and signature), the sponsor’s work certificate and his/her bank statements and certificates;
  12.  Proof of language proficiency, such as TOEFL or IELTS. Or certificates in Italian, German or French, if available.
Additional documents for minors
  1. Birth certificate.
  2. If the minor is traveling alone: original authorization signed by the parents and a copy of the parents' passport.
  3. If accompanied by only one parent, a notarized travel authorization from the non-accompanying parent.