Student visa to Portugal
All documents must be in English or translated into English. Personal presence when submitting documents is mandatory.
List of documents
- A valid passport;
- If available, copies of previous Schengen visas for the last 3 years;
- Application form;
- 2 recent 3.5 cm by 4.5 cm photographs on a white background;
- Hotel reservation for the entire period of stay (if the educational institution does not provide accommodation);
- If requested, round-trip airfare reservation;
- If available, a letter of employment on company letterhead stating position, salary, and dates of employment. Owners of their own business should provide a certificate of registration of IE or LLP, a certificate of absence of tax arrears;
- For students: a certificate from an educational institution;
- Certificate from the bank about the availability of funds at the rate of 100 euros per day of stay;
- Bank statement for the last 3-6 months;
- If available, copies of personal documents: marriage/divorce certificate, birth certificate of minor children;
- Medical insurance with COVID-19 coverage;
- If the trip is paid by a sponsor or scholarship, a notarized letter of sponsorship, documents confirming the existence of a scholarship should be provided;
- Confirmation of admission/notification of enrollment issued by the university;
- Certificate of no criminal record.
Additional documents for minors
- Birth Certificate;
- Proof of identity and legal capacity of the representative. It is necessary to submit copies of parents' passports and documents confirming the relationship. The originals will be presented at the time of application;
- Authorization from legal representatives. It is necessary to submit the original and a copy of the notarized certificate of the parents or legal guardians authorizing the minor to come to Portugal and indicating the person who will take care of the minor in Portugal.