The first 10 participants of the program were selected in 2019 from among the students of the best schools in Yakutsk. You can find their list and the program news on the starteam.foundation website.
When implementing the program and forming a more detailed understanding of the work of top universities, Star Team changed the program's format. This year the program will be as follows:
1. August-September 2021: recruiting more participants for the first season from students of grades 9 and 10 of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) schools (as of September 2021).
2. Winter 2021-2022: an intensive cycle of online master classes for admission to the world's leading universities. Experts from various fields will talk to the participants and tell them about the critical aspects of preparing for access to educational institutions of this level. Students who have already completed the entire training cycle and successfully enrolled will also share their experiences.
3. Summer 2022: a competitive selection of seven finalists will be held among the program participants. We will also select seven people from the current 10 participants of the Star Team. The 14 finalists will undergo a short intensive boot camp training.
After the preparation, experts will help students apply for admission to the top 50 universities, the list of which will be chosen later (a preliminary list is available here). Sinet Spark will provide the finalists with grants for full tuition if they successfully enroll in one of the universities. The cost of tuition per student at universities of this level reaches up to 100 thousand dollars per year. Thus, to pay for the flow of about 15-20 students per year, Sinet Spark created a grant fund of considerable size. In the future, the founder of Sinet Spark, Arsen Tomsky, intends to create a private endowment fund, the income of which will cover the training of talented children through the Star Team program for many years.
Star Team invites new participants to join the program. To participate in the program, it is necessary to fill out the following questionnaire by September 7, 2021, where it is required to specify:
• Student's name;
• Place of residence: city, town, village (only the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
• Name of the school, class;
• Parents' phone number/e-mails;
• A scan of school grades for 2019-2022;
• A scan of the official letter of recommendation from the school's principal or head teacher on the school letterhead.
In addition to some general information, it is necessary to indicate achievements in studies and contests, social activity, sporting performance, and other details about the student.
The selected participants of the Star team program will be approved by September 10. Sinet Spark pays for the services of invited experts and leading master classes (master classes are free for schoolchildren and their families). You will know about the results by e-mail or via call.
We are waiting for you in our Star Team!